The weight loss journey is different for everyone; due to increase in awareness, people have become more cautious about their health and well-being. Weight loss trends have evolved over the years and people are going to extreme lengths just so they can look better and healthier. Adopting a healthy meal plan has several benefits especially if you stick to it; however, people are always attracted towards new weight loss trends.
Over the past few years, dieters seem to be more interested in meal plans which include high fat and low carbohydrates or include less calorie meals by keeping a check on the portions they eat. Classic diets such as Atkins and Weight Watchers have not made it to the top of the list of recent diet trends. People are moving onto other options probably because these eating plans are difficult to adhere to over a period of time.
In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you should first focus on maintaining your weight. Both low carb and low fat diets are effective at helping individuals achieve their weight loss goals. The weight loss industry has dramatically changed over the years.
Here’s how weight loss trends changed over the period of time.
- Few years ago, people started resorting to quick fixes by taking pills.
- Another quick fix was the grapefruit diet, which people have been following since the 1930s.
- Companies that were using advertisements to body shame women have changed their mantra and now have started focusing on promoting healthy eating habits.
- Slim fast diet became really popular in the 90s as it emphasized on an easy fix.
- Individuals looking for quick fixes also include detox and juices in their diet plans.
- Atkins advocated a low calorie diet therefore low calorie snacks became popular in the late 2000s encouraging the hundred calorie packs.
- The Weight Watchers Diet debuted in the 1960s that focused on points per serving. It recommended that you could eat as much as you like, healthy or unhealthy meals but they should not exceed your calorie points per serving.
- Beverage companies also started selling sugar free drinks, as it was an easy way to watch the calories.
- However, the biggest shift was that when people stopped following diet plans rigorously as they started accepting different body shapes and sizes.
- Now in recent times, you must have heard about the Keto Diet. It is one of the most popular diet plans for weight loss trending today. This diet focuses on low carb and high fat meals, with a little amount of protein by the side.
- Another recent weight loss trend is Intermittent Fasting, which is the process of keeping the window for taking meals to be limited, few hours each day. It promises significant weight loss and more energy as your body releases the stored fat.
Its important to understand that even though many weight loss trends have come and gone overtime, one must choose the one which they will be able to continue in the long term and not end up quitting after couple of days. Try to keep your focus on consuming healthy and clean meals instead of following strict diet plans and also include exercise in your daily routine.